Relief: Old buildings relief
Most of the old buildings in this St Roch area were demolished in 1897-1898. However la chapelle de Nassau, also known as chapelle Saint-Georges, was retained. Planning for the Mont-des-Arts began in the 1950s and required the demolition of the chapel. After many appeals it was decided to incorporate the chapel in the new building complex.
The relief depicts the chapel with the buildings that used to surround it.
Site: Old buildings relief (1 memorial)
1000, Mont des Arts, Royal Library
We have no information about this relief.
See the page for "van Sina and Sulzberger at Royal Library" for a photograph of the building. This relief is on the wall of the arched walkway of the library.